Tuesday 17 May 2011

All Things Agriculture! - Feedlot on the Spot

Hi everybody!

So a couple of ladies asked me about feedlots, and just what was up with them! So I did a blog on it! Check out my page "All Things Agriculture" the article is towards the bottom, Topic 2 is the heading! I tried to put as much information as I could about feedlots, with links, pictures, and a story from a vegan who took a trip to a feedlot, all on the page! Unfortunately, quite often the media portrays things in agriculture in a negative way.  Feedlots and slaughter plants are probably the hardest hit!  This is why it is so important for consumers to hear the truth and to truly know where their beef is coming from and how it is handled.

I encourage you to check out the page and leave me some feedback.  If you want more information I can try to help you out!  Also, check out this link, Western Feedlots, this feedlot is located in Alberta.  I had the opportunity to take a tour of the High River portion of the feedlots, and I was so impressed by the care and the condition of the cattle and the facilities.  Check it out, it is well worth your time!

Cheers!

Sam

2 comments:

  1. Where are the links to the feedlot information, I would love to check them out.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The links are in the in the blog post, it's under the "all things agriculture" tab. It is below the castration education topic post! Just scroll down! The links are in the blog that I wrote, they are light blue, just click on them and they should take you to the page! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete