Friday 6 May 2011

Seriously funny, or seriously sad, you decide.

When I first watched this video, I couldn't help but feeling sorry for the ducks. They are so defenseless in the wind, and I know how it feels to be thrown around and feel like you have no control of your own fate, as I am sure many of us have felt.  The more I watched it, the funnier I decided it was, maybe more of a cute than a funny.  My best friend Kora and I have spent countless hours watching youtube videos and laughing ourselves to tears.  Since she moved to California to dance and make us all proud, aka live the dream, I have had to resort to Skype to share funny videos with her.  This makes me appreciate the technology that we have in our world today.  Skype, Facebook, twitter, and blogs allow us to share our thoughts and connect with others at the click of a mouse, and I don't know what I would do without it.  When she saw this video she took no pity for the baby ducks, and laughed her incredibly loud shriek of a laugh, so I guess I don't feel bad for thinking that the misfortune of the ducks is kind of funny, thankfully none of them got hurt.  As much as I hate being far away from Kora, I am thankful for one thing.  When she starts her monster laugh, Skype allows me to mute her so I no longer have to worry about waking up every single person in Grant MacEwan residence.  Thank you technology for finally allowing me to mute my friends... I mean... for finally allowing to stay connected with my friends... :)
So this post is dedicated to Kora, and to all the ducklings who lose the battle to the gusting wind! 
Please pay attention to the one baby that starts to run super fast! Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. this is too cute samantha. i can always count on your entries to make me smile and learn a lot. keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete